Atola TaskForce 2 supports all 1.8-inch, 2.5-inch, 3.5-inch IDE, SATA, SAS and USB hard drives, USB Flash media as well as
SD, Compactflash, and Memory Stick cards via a generic USB Card Reader.
TaskForce 2 can also work with the following drive types using proprietary Atola extension modules:
- M.2 NVMe/PCIe/SATA SSDs
- latest Apple SSDs via Thunderbolt extension
- the newest PCIe SSDs from Apple MacBooks (2013 - 2015)
Most functions of Atola TaskForce 2 will work with any hard drive or flash card with either IDE, SATA-1/2/3 or USB-1/2/3
interface (including those attached via adapters).
To ensure high quality and efficiency of our tools,
we test them on hundreds of storage devices.
Head selection works for the following HDD models
- SATA and IDE Seagate hard drives (including F3 series)
- SATA and IDE Western Digital, HGST hard drives with exception of some models released since 2018
- SATA and IDE Hitachi hard drives
- SATA and IDE Toshiba hard drives: MG, MK, MQ, DT, HD families with exception of some models released since 2018
RAID support: unknown configuration detection, reassembly, and imaging
- RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD
- Hardware RAID controllers: Adaptec, Areca, HP, Dell, LSI, Intel RST, IBM ServeRAID, other generic controllers
- Software RAID: mdadm
- NAS RAID: Synology, QNAP - development in progress (will be released in one of the next firmware updates)
- File systems: NTFS, ext4/3/2, XFS, exFAT, APFS, HFS/HFS+, FAT32/16