TaskForce 2 Changelog
February 14, 2024
Imaging to an E01/AFF4 file on a network share could fail if other software tried to grab the file lock.
Various USB hard disk drives failed to be detected.
- Possible incorrect diagnostic result for damaged USB flash drives.
- Removed 12V current graph that was not actual for all USB drives.
Verify segmented hashes - new task in the Other section. It helps check the segmented hashes in CSV file created during
imaging for any type of target: E01, AFF4, raw image, drive.
Automatically create a subfolder using the target file name option.
If enabled, the target image will be created in a subfolder of a selected target folder.
Clear local and session storage button.
Any settings or temporary data stored in Chrome for the TaskForce web application will be permanently deleted.
Clickable device header in a case report. It opens the device information page if the appropriate device or image is available.
Failed to open E01 files created by UFS Explorer.
Logical imaging. Check > Download was not handling comas in a generated file name list properly, which broke CSV format.
Reports. Possible first blank page when selecting a report from the list to print.
Minor fix of Other > Customize taskbar and Browse Files
Customization of the Taskbar and Other page.
- Task could freeze when imaging compressed files from APFS partitions.
- Rare case of “File was skipped due to reading” error with NTFS file system.
Kiosk mode didn’t work properly with HTTPS enabled.
Issue selecting USB work folder after booting without USB DB drive plugged into the DB port.
Slow (20 seconds) search for new TaskForce firmware when updating it over USB.
About 10 missing Chinese and Japanese translations.
- Automatic detection of unknown RAID 6 configuration.
- Full RAID 6 reassembly and imaging support.
- RAID 6 imaging speed is 40% higher than imaging of individual RAID members.
- RAID autodetection improvements for other RAID types.
- Maximum number of auto-checked configurations increased from 100,000,000 to 200,000,000.
- Advanced detection of partition types and display of device tags.
- MBR/GPT table information when hovering over the corresponding device tag.
- Check network speed test when selecting a folder for a target image. Click the three-dot button to see the test icon.
- Autosave of imaging progress to resume imaging in case of power or network connection loss.
- Storage. Ability to create multiple subfolders.
- Improved calculation of Estimated time left during imaging.
- Decreased frequency of Speed refresh when facing bad sectors.
- Detailed speed stats indicate more information when imaging to multiple files with identical names in different folders.
- New Status bar showing live drive state, including its temperature.
- Diagnostics. Added table of power states, PCIe generation, temperature levels.
- Device page. Added Critical and Warning temperature values.
- Wiping. New method Sanitize from NVM 1.4 specification.
- Case contains a list of target images and drives used with a source drive.
- New setting ‘Allow non-unique case names’.
- Ability to delete device from case.
- New report ‘Device was added to case’.
Other > SSD Trim – new task that helps to notify SSD controller about unused blocks.
Other > View SMART. Apple PCIe and M.2 AHCI PCIe drives supported.
Global Settings. For the ETH1 and ETH2 ports, it shows the speed of the network connection.
No access to network folder with underscore character in hostname.
Widely improved error-handling when someone accidentally unplugs source or target drive during imaging.
- Imaging could not start when the source was an image file with read-only permissions.
- Imaging could not start when a target drive was powered off.
- Unable to resume imaging after connection loss with network Work Folder.
- Some old HFS partitions failed to open.
- Resume button did not work for imported case with a logical imaging session created on another TaskForce.
RAID. Applying detected mdadm configuration was not removing Spare drive(s).
Wiping. Multi-launch mode. Format NVM method was mistakenly available for SATA drives.
Case management. Impossible to select the same case for the same Macbook after reconnection.
TOSHIBA MG08ACA16TE drives were not identified until the 2nd attempt.
Occasional error when formatting a target drive to Storage with exFAT.
UI issue on the home page. Blank space when running multiple tasks and scrolling down the page.