Capacity of an average drive in a case constantly grows, and selective imaging becomes a way out for many investigators, to keep their backlogs smaller.
selective imaging functionality and have made it possible to image only sectors containing data.
The feature is supported in these file systems: NTFS, APFS, Ext 2/3/4, HFS, HFS+, ExFAT, FAT16, FAT32.
1) Click Change button to adjust imaging settings
2) In Passes tab, click on the value in What to image column
3) Select Sectors with data in the drop-down menu
4) Click Show button to preview the partitions on the source drive
5) Click Start button to proceed with imaging
You can see the partitions being imaged in the imaging log. In the imaging bar, the blue areas represent the sectors that are planned to be imaged. These are the sectors that belong to the drive's partitions and contain data.