Atola Insight Forensic supports NVMe drive imaging via NVMe-to-USB adapter, based on the JMS583 chip.
To start working with an NVMe drive:
NB Please note that in case the unit is booted with a device plugged into its USB port, the booting will not be completed correctly.
To identify the source drive:
1. Click the Identify device link on Atola Insight Forensic home screen or press the F2 button on your keyboard;
2. In the pop-up window with all available source devices, select the NVMe device connected to the USB source port;
3. You can either select a previously created case (if the same drive had been connected and identified with your Insight before) or click the Add new case button;
4. To create a new NVMe device case, enter the NVMe model and serial number in the Add new NVMe device case pop-up window.
NVMe model and serial number can be found on the device’s label:
To launch an imaging session:
1. Go to the Imaging category in the left-side menu on the home screen and click the Create New Session link;
2. Select the target device and confirm by clicking the Select button;
3. In Imaging settings, specify the parameters for the imaging session. Click the Start Imaging button.
Insight will start imaging the NVMe drive.