Thunderbolt extension enables TaskForce to work on MacBooks with the following interfaces:
No SSD removal is necessary, the extension allows connecting TaskForce directly to a MacBook.
The extension module comes with:
In the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window, enter the serial number located on the bottom side of the MacBook and click OK.
1. Connect MacBook to TaskForce unit with the help of Thunderbolt extension and the FireWire cable (NB Both MacBook and TaskForce have to be turned off). Use adapters to connect to the MacBooks with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 interface.
2. Boot the MacBook in Target Disk Mode. To do that, start it up while holding down the T key. You should see a Firewire or Thunderbolt icon displayed on screen signifying that Target Disk Mode is detected and working.
3. Power on TaskForce and wait for the booting to be completed.
4. Open Device menu.
5. Click the device box in Extension section of the Device menu.
6. If this is the first time this MacBook is identified by TaskForce, you need to enter the serial number in the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window and click OK.
NB serial number located on the bottom side of the MacBook.
Now you can perform these operations and features with the connected MacBook:
During the subsequent identifications of a MacBook connected to TaskForce, its serial number can be selected from the drop-down menu in the Enter MacBook serial pop-up window. TaskForce will look up its case management system and will offer the choice of MacBooks with the same drive size.