Atola Bandura Firmware Updates
Latest firmware download links
Firmware with all features enabled:
Firmware Update 2.0.4
Firmware with full source port write protection
Source drive erase feature is disabled in this firmware:
Firmware Update 2.0.4 (no source drive erase feature)
- Download the latest firmware file using the link above.
- Unzip the file.
- Copy the update file Firmware.ab onto a USB flash media.
- Insert the USB flash media into the USB port located on the back of the Bandura.
- Wait 15 seconds for the Bandura to recognize the inserted media.
- On the main menu Bandura screen ("Tasks") tap "Next page" and then "Update Firmware".
February 11, 2013
Atola Bandura Firmware 2.0.4
- Added a display reset feature (tap and hold the top right corner of the screen for one second to reset it)
October 18, 2012
Atola Bandura Firmware 2.0.3
- Log files were not saved for Image operation.
August 20, 2012
Atola Bandura Firmware 2.0
- Speed of imaging, wiping, and repairing increased up to 30%;
- New complete icons on buttons.
- More strong support of SSD disks attached to Target port;
- Correct DCO and HPA processing for disks larger than 2 TB;
- Operation log is created for disk having slash symbol in the model name or serial.
November 28, 2011
Atola Bandura Firmware 1.1.5.
- Simultaneous checksum calculation for Source and Target media
- Read Long/Discard ECC option to extract data from bad sectors
- Bad sector repair function
- Option to read/set/reset HPA and DCO Max Address
- Wiping of both drives (Master and Target) is now supported
- Media map initialization slows down on large hard drives
- Bandura complains about the USB flash stick when trying to pause imaging during media map init
- Scheduled/Imaged statistics sometimes reflect inaccurate numbers
- When imaging in "data only" mode, Bandura sometimes skipped damaged partitions
- Other minor fixes
September 20, 2011
Atola Bandura Firmware 1.0.4.
- New option to skip writing any pattern to target on read error
- Patterns longer than several characters were being rejected
July 5, 2011
Atola Bandura Firmware 1.0.2.
- Media map optimizations; imaging should start quicker, especially on big drives (1TB+)
- Bandura now clearly displays what partitions were imaged (in "image only sectors with data" mode)
- Bandura did not support large (2TB+) NTFS partitions (in "automatic diagnosis" and "image only sectors with data" modes)
- Bandura crashed when imaging only sectors with data and when NTFS bitmap contains bad sectors
- A few other minor fixes
April 22, 2011
Atola Bandura Firmware 1.0.1.
- Automatic Disk Diagnosis feature
- Bandura crashed when attempting to image large hard drives (2TB)
- When imaging only occupied sectors, Bandura did not copy all sectors required to boot from the media
- Disk wipe statistic did not show the correct number of erased sectors on the final screen
- Sporadic crashes when imaging a damaged hard drive with checksum calculation
- A few other minor fixes
November 30, 2010
Atola Bandura Initial Release v1.0